With good company - 592 km / Day 8


Accompanied with intruders

Last night I decided to leave the panniers outside, and surprise of mine they were full of ants. Tried my best, I thought I had them all out, but I guess I didn't. At lunch, in the restaurant when I got my jacket off, I saw one walking from it towards the table, I was amazed. Every time I opened the bags, couple of them would show up, even here at the B&B. I hope they enjoyed the ride!

A coffee makes the day better

I woke around 6am, one hour later I was back on the road. It was gray, but no wind and the clouds very high - good sign, no heavy rain. Didn't make coffee knowing that a few kilometers from for sure I will find a coffee shop, come on its Italy!
But today was different, the road plotted was unpaved, some covered by high grass, giant pools and so on. The nature was beautiful, I seen countless wild rabbits, a community of Coypu, and many others. I lost track a few times and rode wrong directions as well, all part of the adventure, making me feel so lucky to be able to experience all this, learned so much. 
After two hours of bumpy roads and screaming perineum*, the city limits of Crema, and the first Shop? Of course a coffee shop. On my "under development" Italian I asked for a coffee. In Italy, most of the people stand by the counter drinking the coffee, so the lady next to me asked: 
- "What language you speak, habla español?"
well, of course! I told her my itinerary, and she translated it for everyone, it wasn't awkward, didn't understand everything what the people murmured, but most people were amazed of the fact that I was camping solo in the wild. There I was the center of attention. One old man told that he had something for me: a flashlight, he and his wife wished me a good trip and most important to take it easy. It felt so good, throughout this week some people applauded or did a thumb up, I used to do the same when seeing a crazy guy bikepacking, it was my dream - now I became the dream.

* The stone roads of the astonishing city of Pavia, heavily transite and rain.







So proud of her... 

I wasn't the only one soaking wet today! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome! - 0 km / Day 0

Time to stop and appreciate. 270 km / Day 5

Racing against the rain - 484 km / Day 7